Monday 8 May 2017

My come back with Hand Made Roses

Hello everyone ,
Finally I made a comeback to my blog .I have not been doing a lot of craft , as being with kids at home doesn't leave me with a free time to craft . I was teaching my elder daughter who was in 10th standard . Now when she is through her exams I finally thought of catching up with my crafting passion . Past year has been a very trying one for me as I lost my mom . I felt trapped , alone and hopeless more times than I ever thought in my entire lifetime. I was drowning in grief unable to see a light out .Initially my first waking thought was ,"she's gone"..but as the time passed it was my third or fourth thought of the day . Going on without her is crazy to me. I do not want this to define me but for sure this tough time of transition has left me with no courage , confidence and conviction.
                                                   I was really getting itch to start crafting again but when I saw the Rainbow crafty Kari challenge  I thought I have to do it . Finally I'm settled enough to share with you the tags I made using hand made flowers .
                            

  The Tags are made up of Iris paper 270 GSM . I first coloured the tags using distress ink , heat embossed using clear embossing powder and further stamped it using archival ink . The roses are created using Spellbinder rose creations die . I inked the die cut roses with 'Rose Madder ' Archival ink in the first tag .


I gave the frosty  look to the flower using Frosting Powder by Rajni Chawla . Finally I placed all the elements together to complete the tag .

In the second tag I used combination of Victorian Velvet distress ink and Mustard seed distress ink . Bigger rose is created using  Spellbinders Rose Creations die and the smaller one is created using Cheery Lynn Rose die. Bird is die cut using Penny Black die - Perched and added shimmer to the bird using Crystal Clear by Rajni Chawla.




Last but not least the third tag is also made by distressing the background  by distress ink ,dry embossed using Martha Stewart Scoring Board and heat embossed using clear embossing powder. Roses are made using the Spellbinders Rose Creation Die .

I love how these tags turned out . Do leave your comments . Thanks for stopping by !!



Material Used :
  • Iris Paper 270GSM
  • Distress Ink -Victorian Velvet , Aged Mahogony, Tattered Rose ,Mustard Seed , Barn Door
  • Dies - Sizzix Framelit  die - Tags , Penny Black die - Perched , Cheery Lynn Die (Large Rose )spellbinder Rose Creation Die, Spellbinders  Floral Doily Motifs die  
  • Archival Ink - Rose Madder , Jet Black
  • Stamps- Kaisar Craft -Script , Just Rite Stamp - Harlequin Script, Paper Smooches - Scripty Sayings




9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tags Loved them all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Loved all of them especially the last one. Love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Work...you nailed it!!!
    Best wishes....n may God give you Courage n Strength....and Punish the one who trapped you...

    ReplyDelete